hello cupcake

hello cupcake
cupcake heaven

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

No Ordinary Pumpkin Patch

Recently I was asked, what's my inspiration for my weekly cupcake feature. Frankly, there really isn't a single answer to that question. I'm inspired by so many elements. Often, a friend or family member will ask--have you ever?...or more like, will you?... another one I've heard...perhaps, youuuu couuuuld? Clearly, there's a hidden agenda. Maybe a coincidence, but somehow those inquires usually happen prior to my Sunday baking routine. Usually, around Thursday or Friday is when the unsolicited suggestions come pouring in. At this point, everyone has heard- Sunday cupcaking at best- happens in my kitchen. Now, I'm not suggesting premeditation, but if the shoe fits...put it on! It's all good, though.

I also do a cupcake of the month on my blog. Have you noticed? Last month was creamy coconut, September was Lemon Meringue, August was Chocolate Mocha Chip and this month, Pumpkin Patch.



I drew my inspiration from our annual family hayride and pumpkin picking outing. My blurb language (as written on essence.com) even represented the desired experience: This pumpkin patch has more than just pumpkins turned jack-o-lanterns. Here you can take a delicious treat on your hayride while echoing “trick or treat give me some pumpkin patch cupcakes to eat”. Yeah, and then I woke up.

Actually, when I made these pumpkin cupcakes and the marzipan pumpkin embellishments-WHOA- can I talk marzipan pumpkins for a moment?

These delectable toppings are some conversation piece. You almost don't want to eat them. Almost. Seriously, they're like masterpieces...works of art. I had this idea for some time, I couldn't wait for Halloween to feature my skills. Honestly, I was a bit nervous- it had been months since I last attempted to make anything out of marzipan, and this time I didn't have my instructor to fix any screw ups. Good thing, there was no time limit. It took forever! Suffice it to say- patience, anyone? Indeed, you will be more than pleased with the finished product. I certainly was.

Then, I thought these would be fantastic to kick off the celebrated season, plus an unexpected alternative or addition to pie for Thanksgiving. And, that's how I arrived at the cupcake of the month for November. So, this month I invite you to try one of my holiday favorites, pumpkin patch cupcakes. Enjoy!

posted by Nicole Friday for the Cupcake Craze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails