hello cupcake

hello cupcake
cupcake heaven

Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Yo Quiero Cupcakes!"

Remember the Taco Bell mascot and his famous expression, "yo quiero Taco Bell." Well, now the chihuahua wants cupcakes. Yeah! Amazing what a few tricks will get you. Roll over. Sit. Bark. Good doggy- now here's a cupcake. What?

Apparently Taco Bell is branching out. Reportedly, they are test marketing cupcakes--in California. Imagine that! What will they call them? Not sure, but I've taken the liberty to come up with a few names of my own.

Disclaimer: I'm not getting paid for my services. But, I am for hire. Just in case.

Taco Bell test menu:

  • Jalepeno salsa cupcake
  • Soft shell re-fried vanilla bean cupcake
  • Chocolate beef taco cupcake with cheese
  • Chocolate beef taco cupcake without cheese

Admit it, sounds disgusting! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for expansion, but Taco Bell? Now, that would take the cupcake. I'd have so many questions like: Who's going to make them? Will they be made on the premises? Or, will you outsource? I think it's McDonald's that has a partnership with Otis Spunkmeyer. The cookie company. The one's that are sold in the hard plastic box at the register. Ring a bell? They're not bad, either.

Really, I have nothing against the fast food chain, but this seems like a bit of a stretch. Okay, I'll own up, I've even hit TB's drive-thru once or twice during a late night desperate attempt to find food fuel. Not the norm!

Here's my two cents, Taco Bell should stick to the tacos and leave the cupcaking to the bakeries. Agreed.

posted by Nicole Friday for the Cupcake Craze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails