hello cupcake

hello cupcake
cupcake heaven

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Giant-Size Cupcake- Oops! Continued...


Well, 8am came and went, 8:10am, and 8:20am, this giant size cupcake sure was taking a giant size time. It had been almost 45 minutes and it still wasn't done. Half of it was still shaking when I checked it, I even stuck the toothpick in the middle and it came out with wet chocolate batter. Exhale-wheeeeewwwwwww!!!! This was not good. I. had. to go. I could only give it 2 or 3 more minutes, now I was choosing the cupcake over education. That was a real problem, but I didn't want to spoil his birthday with a sunken cupcake and I couldn't leave it in the oven, couldn't take the chance of burning it- I had to stand watch like a friendly neighborhood watchdog. I know, this was crazy- all in the name of wanting to make my birthday boy happy. The things parents do- I started to break out into a Diana Ross 70's hit remake "Ain't No Cupcake High Enough, Ain't No Oven Hot Enough, Ain't No School Far Enough To Keep Me From Baking This Cupcake For Yooouuuu,(slow it down) Ain't--No--Cupcake--High--Enough". Sike! Don't worry I saved the serenade for another day!
Anyway, at 8:26am, almost an hour later, I had to get to steppin'. I checked my chocolate mountain one last time, toothpick inserted, and YESSSS, it was done. I took it out of the oven and we ran out the door. EJ was late of course, but I did bring some Apple Walnut Crumb cupcakes for the teachers- who ever said there was anything wrong with a little kissing up? When I returned home, it was time for the icing- how the H*#@ do you frost this ginormous thing? Well, I did figure it out, well-kinda, I topped it off with some chocolate sprinkles and washed my hands. When EJ got home we sang Happy Birthday and enjoyed the yummy cupcake. It was a nice birthday after all and his first day of school was fun too. THE END.


posted by Nicole Friday for the Cupcake Craze

5 comments:

  1. That's what I call determination......the things mother's do for their kids!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! i will have to copy for my son's birthday as he LOVES cupcakes too. where did you find the pan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the giant cupcake pan at Michael's Arts & Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whew!! so glad this ended well!! i was sitting on pins and needles awaiting the conclusion! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails