hello cupcake

hello cupcake
cupcake heaven

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cupcakes, boxed or not







Really, I have nothing against Duncan Hines, Pillsbury or even Mrs. Betty Crocker. How could I? Growing up that's all we knew! Long before cupcakes were referred to as chic and sophisticated with pristine pastel exteriors, there was super moist, moist deluxe and moist supreme classic yellow cake mix. Later came triple chocolate fudge and red velvet. It's impossible to forget licking the mixer sticks or the bowl to a likeness of "Mr. Clean", as if the raw batter was an appetizer to the ready-made cake entree. I mean really how could I have something against the mix box legends.

Nowadays, with bakeries like Crumbs, Sprinkles or Magnolia's, dare I catch a sale of three boxes for $1.99 at Shoprite (just add water, vegetable oil and three eggs)- Ugh!! Perhaps in disguise. In my house believe it or not, this is actually a topic of conversation. My husband is still holding onto those childhood birthday party dreams of moms homemade cupcakes, not! Again, not that there is anything wrong with a little nostalgia. But you have to ask, didn't he see Carrie Bradshaw (Sex in the City) have an almost orgasmic experience when she inhaled the now famous Magnolia's cupcake. I realize its just his preference, but c'mon people let's expand our palates just a tiny bit. My husbands argument simply stated, "box is better." And, mine is "are you kidding me"?

posted by Nicole Friday for the Cupcake Craze

1 comment:

  1. i'm with you on this one! to your husband i say "box is just cheaper and quicker!"...you definitely sacrifice taste for convenience.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails